Friday, September 18, 2009

God Put A Rainbow In The Sky!!

One afternoon, after a little rain shower, the kiddos and I went outside to play. Much to our surprise we noticed this beautiful rainbow.

This is Skylee's first time to witness a rainbow (well to her knowledge anyway). When she spotted it, she said "Wow mom is that the rainbow that God sent to Noah?" Moments like these make me so happy. What I want most out of life is for my family to know God and to someday all be together with him in his Kingdom.
Doss even noticed it. He just keep turning around and pointing to it. He still doesn't talk much, but I knew he was amazed. This actually was his first rainbow to admire.
I love for my children to be able to see God working through nature. Being raised by a farm family I know how important weather and nature can be. God is awesome and there is no way I could ever believe anything different after seeing this beautiful piece of nature created by him.
We were all filthy but we were having a blast enjoying Gods beautiful work. I didn't even have time to go in and get Doss any clothes, because we didn't want to miss a second of the rainbow. It was actually a double rainbow and it was amazing!

And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." So God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth." -Genesis 9:12-17


No comments:

Post a Comment