Monday, September 14, 2009

A Whole New World To Me!!

Hello to all that have stumbled onto my blog, and WELCOME. This is a very new thing for me, and I am very excited about it. I love to scrapbook, but rarely find time to enjoy that hobby anymore, hence the title of my blog. So I wish to use this blog as a way of documenting my children's lives until I can find time to scrap it. Also I want this blog to help serve as a way for my family and friends to keep in touch and know whats going on in our crazy lives.

If you don't already know me let me introduce myself to you. My name is Kisha and I am a God fearing Christian woman that looks to serve the Lord each and everyday. Though there are many days that I fail, I still try to do my best. I am happily married to a wonderful man that I meet on a blind date. Yes I said blind date, and after that date I said that I would never do that again!!! But the next day we went and rode 4-wheelers together and something just sparked, and we have been together ever sense. I have an in-home daycare, and though there are some days when I do want to pull my hair out, there are more days that I thank our precious Lord that I have been blessed to stay home with our wonderful kids. We have two beautiful children (well we think they are beautiful anyway ;) and their names are Skylee Brooke and Doss Brody.

Here they are:
Skylee is a very creative, spunky child. She has always been very particular about who she clings to though. When she was younger if you weren't in her "Select Group" ("SG") of people then you did not have a chance to get to know her, or speak to her for that matter. Now, that "SG" of people, they got the best out of her and she liked it that way. She has recently gotten better about this and has opened her heart to many more people, but she is still a little partial to that "SG"! Sky has always said some of the most hilarious things. Sometimes she says things that some adults couldn't even think up! She is our Skylee Brooke and there is no other child like her!
Some of her favorite things are:

Of course her "SG" of people

Horses

Swimming

Her cousin Jacie a.k.a. her idol right now

Doss on the other hand is completely opposite of his sister. I have to first say that my family has a long history of girls. So when we were blessed with Doss it was a huge change. If anyone ever tells you that boys are different than girls, than you better believe them!!! I thought that Skylee was a mess, well I hadn't meet Doss at that time. He is a rough and tough boy! But "boy" does he love his momma. (I kinda like that last part about him ;) Everything that he does is as fiercely as it can be. I guess you could say he puts everything he has into everything he does, including "love pats" to his sister ;) What do you do though, it's tough love!

Some of his favorite things are:

His Sister

Tractors & Motorcycles (well actually anything that goes VROOM, VROOM)

Wrestling with anyone that will wrestle with him

Momma

Doss' name has a very special meaning behind it. When we found out we were being blessed with a little boy I decided that I wanted to name him after my dad. My dads name is Gary but everyone calls him Giggi and Brandon just would not give in on me using Giggi anywhere in his name. So I chose a name that is very dear to my dad and me. My dad is the baby of 6 brothers and 1 sister, and 9 years ago his brother Dorsey, also his best friend, lost his battle against cancer. My dad always called my Uncle Dorsey "Brother Doss." So therefore this is where we got his name.

This is Doss and his Papa Giggi

As for my husband, Brandon, he is the love of my life. He is a very hard working husband that adores his children. He is an awesome dad! He is a firefighter and part time farmer on his days off. So when he's not at the station he's usually in the field.

Sky and her Daddy


This is a little peek of our life and I can't wait to share more! I hope you have a blessed day!

This is all of the family camping at Wynne in August 2009!

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."-Joshua 24:15


1 comment:

  1. Kisha, It was great to run into you at WalMart tonight!! And to find your blog...Quentin & I were a blind date also...sounds like we have quite a bit in common. Look forward to keeping up with you....

    ReplyDelete